My Quiet Place


Sunday, January 2, 2011

In Review

The new year is here and like many people I like to take a few minutes to reflect on the year I have just finished. I have to say that I believe it has been a very good year.
My husband and I both have jobs that make our life comfortable. So many times I only think about all the things in my life I don't have and that I want, but right now I am thinking about what I have and for once in my life I feel like I am in a very comfortable situation. I thank God for this everyday, because I know it can go as fast as it came.
Everyone complains about their job and even though I do my fair share of complaining, I do love my job. Tuesday morning when my students come in they will act like they haven't seen me in 100 years. They hug you and let you know how much they missed you. I am going to try to not complain as much about my job and enjoy it a little more. I am going to open my eyes and see the children for what they are.

Vacation is something that my husband and I enjoy. This year we took at trip to Colorado. I had a chance to show him my favorite place where my mother use to bring me when I was a child. He also had a chance to conquer Pikes Peak. We had a great time.

I have come to find that the fun and amazing time in our life doesn't have to cost a lot of money or even have to leave our house. We take time for the things that count friends, family and each other. We make new traditions and keep the ones of our family.

I am looking forward to the year to come. I am going to try new things and enjoy every minute I have with my loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment